Changing Netgear Router Admin Password is a must do task incase if you’re experiencing slow Internet. Why because, if anyone got access to your personal home router then they can easily connect through the network using the credentials saved within Netgear Router login dashboard. Please make sure that it is not related to network and changing admin password don’t really effect any breakdown in already established connections. Simply saying, you don’t need to reconnect to the home network after modifying the admin password of Netgear Router. Almost every router gets their own default login credentials and those can be accessed behind the device. Because of this, many around you will try to get access with default factory allocated credentials. By changing the password of admin will terminate all the intruders from accessing the protected home wireless network.
Well, let me tell you something about the benefits of doing this task. First, You can save bandwidth if you have limited usage limit (FUP). Second, intruders can access your files or data. Third, using remote management they may change the Wifi password of Netgear Router.
Change the Default Admin Password
If you really faced the above issues then I strongly recommend you to proceed with the tutorial carefully. Normally, the default login values are available to the back of router where anyone can get those when necessary without any fail. So, you need to be very careful before proceeding to change the admin password of Netgear Router manually. Ofcourse you can perform factory reset of Netgear Router in the situation when you forget the changed password.
1. Firstly, connect the router to the PC exactly as shown in the documentation.
2. Switch on the Netgear Router after connecting the Ethernet or LAN cable to PC.
3. Open any web browser and try accessing the router using the following URL/IP addresses. These are the Netgear Router login page IP addresses.
4. If your connection is successful, you will be prompted to enter username (as admin) and password (as password).
5. Now you have the administrative window opened and then move to “Maintenance” section. Here select “Set Password” then enter the current and desired password in the fields asked.
6. Now close down the window and try logging in again. Congratulations! You’re done.
If you get Netgear Genie window instead of Smart Wizard, the process is almost similar. Just find out the Password section then change it out. The modifications will take immediate effect.
We hope this article helped you to change the admin password of Netgear Router by logging into routerlogin.net administrative dashboard. Let us know you opinion or problems through the discussion section below.