An alternate storage space that you can access remotely is possible through Dropbox. It acts as a virtual storage disk, once you install and create a profile for yourself. It’s possible to drag and drop files and allows you to access the files across any devices. Dropbox is not just a new generation storage device but also offers you a plethora of features viz. sharing photos, videos and documents and you can sync the documents across your iPad, PC and mobiles. It not only saves onboard memory but also makes the process of retrieving your files easier than conventional storage devices.
We bring you the comprehensive report on installing Dropbox on your machine and using it on the same. Dropbox can be installed on all platforms like Windows, Linux, and Mac.
Installing Dropbox on PC
- Open the URL, www.dropbox.com on chrome/firefox browser.
- If you don’t have a Dropbox account, create one by clicking on the signup button, it drives you through the procedure to create a Dropbox account for yourself.
- On the top right side of the page, you get to see ‘download the app’ option.
- Upon clicking on the label, it navigates you to another page where the download process starts, and the page prompts you to save the file. Click on save/open, and the application starts downloading.
- Once the file is downloaded, locate the file on your hard disk and run the application.
- The process of installing begins here, after completion, an icon appears on your desktop, open the application to log into your Dropbox profile, use the same credentials you have used while creating the account.
Using Dropbox on Computer
- One can either access ones Dropbox through application or URL.
- Since the application has been installed on your machine, it goes without saying that, the application can be directly launched from your desktop.
- Open the application and input the credentials. You get to land on your Dropbox profile, and it looks like an alter ego of your PC hard drive.
- It allows you to back up photos and files and can be accessed from any device where your account is logged in.
- Dropbox is a convenient way of working with notes, tap on the paper option to land on creating documents page, wherein you can type and save Word documents and can create events on a standard template.
- Another interesting feature of Dropbox is it’s sharing ability. One can share folders with others giving them read/write option for the folder you have shared.
- By default, Dropbox storage comes with 2GB of space that can be upgraded too.
Now that you have crystal clear notes on installing and using Dropbox don’t let grass grow under feet in playing with this excellent virtual storage mechanism.