The most fascinating aspect of computers is, you can alter the settings at any point in time to get the best performance out of it. One way to boost the performance of the Internet you experience on your machine is, changing the DNS Server of your windows machine.
Before you know the tricks to change the DNS, we will feed you what DNS Server is all about, When the browser connects to the web, it goes through an intermediate channel called to be Domain Name System. When you input the website name, the browser checks for the corresponding IP address by hitting the DNS that has all the cached information about web URLs. It’s impossible to land on a website directly; rather you go through DNS Server to look up for the IP address of the website you wish to visit. And the interesting fact is, your ISP has set up the DNS for you, and you are least bothered about it.
How to Change Your Windows DNS?
1. Land on the control panel by clicking on the control panel option on the start menu of your windows laptop.
2. Look up for “Network and the Internet”, under that you can find, Network and sharing center link, click on it to navigate to the battle field
3. On the left-hand side of the window, you can find “change adapter settings” link. Once you choose the link, you will be redirected to Network Connections Window, here is the exact place where you alter the DNS Server settings.
4. Once the window is opened, check out for properties option, wherein you have to choose IPV4 in the drop down of the Internet connections option.
5. After choosing an IPV4 connection, to change the DNS, click on properties of the selected Internet connection.
6. By default, your service provider must have allocated the DNS Server while configuring the router. But the point here is, you are destined to change the DNS. Therefore, you are supposed to choose the radio button, use the following DNS server.
7. Input the preferred DNS server in the box that is allocated to accept only numerical input. You can also enter the secondary DNS server as well.
8. Hit the OK button to apply the changes you have performed on DNS server.
9. Close all the windows and restart the laptop once the process is completed.
10. To verify the DNS server is being taken, as a new medium, visit random websites, and you should feel the celerity, the speed with which you navigate between the web pages must have been perceptibly improved.